4.15.2010

Big plans for the weekend

I have a lot planned to accomplish this weekend...but in just a short amount of time.  I have a busy weekend ahead of me (Mark isn't as busy, lucky) but I still have high hopes that we can get something accomplished. From working a lot to the two of us being sick, not a lot has happened on the old remodeling front.  Here's my to-do list:

1 - Begin laying marble tile on the tub surround. We start with the "deck" which is the top. Once that's done, Mark can get the tub all situated correctly and cut the holes for the plumbing.  Once plumbing is in, he'll install the tub and work on the face of the tub surround.

The stone we picked is Botticino Marble and we got it in 2x4 subway tiles, which looks very similar to this picture...a very ivory color stone with a slight grey and/or beige undertone.  I wanted something that looked similar in color to our carpet, and this stuff is great!!

Click here to see the picture

2 - "Frost" our bathroom windows. I didn't really want curtains of other window coverings in our bathroom because we would pretty much always want them closed since the windows are big, there will be so much steam from the soaker tub which could mold or just make things icky, etc...so we decided to buy a frosted window film.  Never used this before. No idea how it will look, but John and Sherry from Young House Love used similar stuff in their basement remodel. I figured we could give it a try. Plus, I love how light still shines though the film. I really want a hanging plant or two near the windows, so that will work out great!

3 - Sand more of my dresser. No idea if I will get to this or not, but I am really anxious to finish refinishing my dresser.  So far, I have stripped all the paint, done rough sand, and now am going back over with a fine sanding pad using my really awesome birthday present from my hubby...
{Image courtesy of Power Tools UK}

For those of you wondering, I actually ASKED for this for my birthday. Keep your comments to yourself.  (Kidding!) Once I'm done sanding, I am going to slap on some wood conditioner, stain it, and then probably do a coat or two of semi-gloss polyurethane to protect it. I really, really, really want it to be done so I can use it. 

It's not a long list, but like I said, I have no idea how much of it we will even accomplish.  Wish us luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? We'd love to hear them!