4.11.2010

Little accomplishments...

I hate being too busy to work on house projects!  It seems like we've been stalled for a long time, and I feel like we need to break that cycle. Well, today we bought the material we need to tile the tub surround!  Mark is picking it up on Monday, so VERY SOON we'll have more things to post.

For now, I'll show you the little things we've been working on or accomplished recently...


The window seat/storage bench in our bedroom is practically done.  I still need to make a pad, sew cases for the large lumbar-type pillows, and shorten the curtains.  I want to find a cute pattern material to make more throw pillows...eventually my bed linens will match the grey/white/ivory-sand color pallet and half the pillows from the window seat will be on the bed.  Also, once we replace the windows, I want to add wood roller blinds because this window lets in a TON of light.  Like I say, it never ends...


Today, I had a little fun painting this old metal kitchen cart.  It's got a dent on the top I tried to hammer out...it's not perfect but that's okay.  I just have to find the perfect place for it...maybe my master bath to hold towels, tp, and a cutie little basket holding soap, etc?  Who knows, but it was a fun, fast $5 project.

And for the next big project...preparing to install the bathtub...




Have I mentioned that this is a 6' tub?!  It's HUGE! Mark and a friend of his built the tub surround last Saturday. Mark plans to do the plumbing for the tub and toilet at the same time, so we will soon be getting a toilet.  We want to get a dual-flush toilet - we're all about saving water and $$.  But, first thing's first - tiling the tub surround! We haven't decided 100% on the backsplash...but we have a couple options we're looking at.

Hopefully soon, I'll have more to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? We'd love to hear them!