12.25.2009

Merry Christmas!

I guess these last two weeks have been really busy for me since I haven't posted anything since the 14th!  Well, I was getting ready for Christmas...which is now here - MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!!

We just got home from a very fun Christmas Eve at my in-laws house.  Their grandkids (my nieces and nephews) are sure spoiled!!! We ate Mexican food and tons of deseserts.  Very good times.

As you know, I've made a lot of gifts this year...I'll share with you a few.



I made my oldest niece two pillows for her room.  She has a "rock 'n roll" room and I thought she could use some cute pink glitter skull pillows (backed with pink polka dots on black fabric).  She LOVED them!

I also gave some people some of my newly fired pottey:





I had a little fun with the colors. The tan/brow speckled glaze is called Terrazo (which I LOVE), and the green is Grass Green. I needed to do another coat of green...you can kinda see the clay through the glaze, but you live and learn. 

BTW...my first glaze firing was a success!  My witness cone (see this post if you have no idea what I'm talking about) curled over perfectly, which means my kiln fired to temperature.  This is very exciting for me!  I am actually set to do another glaze fire on Saturday. Pray that one goes as well.  According to my Skutt kiln manual, "firing ceramics in your kiln is easier than baking a pie in your oven!" 

I have also made other gifts, but I cannot post about them yet as a few people have not yet received them from me.  I promise pictures of them later!

I've also been busy making crafty things.  I successfully completed two pom pom wreaths (talked about here).



My favorite goofballs were great models.  The mostly cream and white one I gifted to a friend...she added her own touch to it - send me a pic, girl!  The larger one I kept for myself as those are my "colors" and hung it on my curtain rod:



I have two more wreaths to make...not sure if I have enough yarn.  These are actually very easy. I think the hardest part for me was picking out what yarn to buy (I've never bought yarn in my life!)!

This year I did something new with my Christmas cards...I punched holes in them and hung them on a string of twine.


I like this idea because I can reuse the twine after Christmas.

Anyway...this is kinda a rundown of what I've been up to the last two weeks.  I plan to do nothing tomorrow but relax and eat and watch football!

I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? We'd love to hear them!