5.23.2010

Cabinets??

Not yet.

I'm bummed. I really thought they were going to be delivered today, but now they say it's going to be Tuesday. I am no longer getting my hopes up.  Instead of spending today installing cabinets, Mark got busy working on our pantry and the pony wall "cap".


Our cute little pantry door is hung, door knob installed, and shelving all done and painted!


Here is our pony wall, all "capped". The trim you see here is what we are going to use around our doors and windows. Unfortunately, it's not "pre-primed", it's Hemlock, so we have to do all the work to prime and paint it. Bummer. But we found a style we both liked and that makes us happy. We painted the top with the same Acrinamel paint we used to paint our window seat.

On the kitchen side of this wall will be our gas cooktop. We were originally planning to have the ventilation be a downdraft, going down through the lower cabinet and out. But, we found we couldn't make it "out" anywhere...we just hit concrete. So...we have to have an island style hood over the cooktop. I'm kinda bummed because I liked the idea of the archway being completely open.  So, that's the latest thing we're trying to find a good deal on.

Maybe next weekend I'll have some shocking (hopefully in a good way) pictures for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? We'd love to hear them!