6.27.2010


We are really starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel with our main floor remodel.  All the "big" stuff seems to be done and we're now working on the little finishing things like grouting, installing trim, caulking, sealing the stone and grout lines, painting and putting things back together. Mark hates finishing projects - I love them.  So, I have been the one pushing and motivating us to get this done. (Mark is gung-ho about the big stuff.) Our deadline of having everything done before my parents come up is thankfully still very realistic!  

Here's some of what we've been up to:


We installed the tub backsplash. (This picture is pre-grout....and cleaning.)

Mark plumbed in the bathroom sinks and I installed the sink backsplash.

And before we knew it, we had a real working bathroom!


The rugs on the ground are from our hallway - they were just here because we don't have a rug(s) for in front of the sink yet.


This is totally off topic, but do you see those clear plastic thingies holding up the mirrors? I DESPISE those things...no idea why, but Mark is going to glue the mirrors to the wall so they will look better (to me anyway).

It is a 100% working bathroom, but that doesn't mean it's 100% done.  We still have to:

  • install the cabinet hardware
  • fix my mirrors
  • redo the window trim
  • paint the trim
  • paint the walls
  • decorate
All I can say is that you know you've been remodeling for a long time when on the first night you can use a bathroom sink again, you braindeadedly go to the tub faucet to wash your face and brush your teeth.  :o)  Yeah, I did that.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? We'd love to hear them!