1.07.2010

Day 1: Master Bedroom

This is going to start so nice, so clean, so simple.  It'll change. Trust me!

So, here is part of our master bedroom.  What you're looking at is the entrance to the room (far left) and the master bedroom closet.  The space between the current entrance and the closet is going to become the NEW entrance to the bedroom.  The closet is going to be walled off and used as the closet in the next room over (we get to make a new opening for it in the other room).  The current entrance is going to become...part of the NEW master bedroom closet.



Let's take this wall down. Mark is ready, are you?  Or should I say, am I?





And so it begins! The saw is peeking through, doing it's thing. (If you are wondering, we checked to make sure that Mark wasn't going to be sawing through any electrical wires....always be safe and know before you do!)



Mark is in the other room kicking the sheetrock. I am up against the back wall screaming as pieces come flying at my head. I did manage to eat an apple at the same time.  Anyway, if you are thinking, "Wow! This is sure getting messy!", you ain't seen nothing yet (as the song goes)!



Success!  "Hey in there!"  We successfully have no more wall...but we gained a mess!



Next, we have to remove the studs...so that is what Mark is doing above. (All the white dots in the picture are dust particles swirling around us.  I, too, was wearing a mask.)



"Huh...I hope this was the right decision!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? We'd love to hear them!