1.30.2010

A welcome back surprise and remodel update

When we got home from Arizona, we were greeted with this little surprise!







I guess we are going to have new neighbors for sure this year! Workers have been busy leveling, building up the property, and just this week the foundation guys were out there getting everything ready for it to be poured.  It'll be interesting to see how the whole process works out.  

Meanwhile, back at our house...



...the Sheetrock is being hung!  Our rooms are actually beginning to feel like rooms, which is a huge improvement over a gigantic kitchen-bedroom-not yet bathroom-bedroom-hallway we had going on before.





Today, I actually finished all the nailing while Mark did some other things (the pictures above do not reflect this). My right hand is stiff and I've developed a nice callous on the heel of my hand - ouch!  But that was a big accomplishment for me, and it allowed Mark to do some other "prep things" for mudding and taping, which may begin as soon as tomorrow.  I'll be showing pictures of our completed Sheetrock tomorrow, along with any other progress we make.

Wondering if we've made any "finishing touch" decision lately?  Well, we actually have! We've decided on the style of our new interior doors.  They will look a lot like these:

 

We decided to go with a more early to mid-century style.  They are special order, so they are a bit more expensive, but I really love them so Mark agreed to it. What a nice guy!  I've always wanted these doors...now I'll have them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? We'd love to hear them!