1.11.2010

My Wall

On Saturday, I built my toilet-hiding wall with just a little help from Mark. It wasn't very hard - I just had to make the cuts correctly and make sure everything was square and level.



My saw and my first 2x3...the toilet-hiding wall is coming out from the back wall 30", so I cut two 30" pieces from this stud.



Then I cut the two end studs to fit. We squared and leveled all four, and once it was perfect, we nailed everything together and to the floor and ceiling.



I then cut my last stud, measured 16" from the back wall and put it in it's place. And, there you have your toilet-hiding wall!  Obviously a little more went into it, but those were the basic steps. The hardest part was probably squaring everything and leveling all the studs.  But, Mark was there to help and we have the huge 5 foot long orange level (seen in the foreground here) that did a wonderful job.

With this project out of the way, what do we have left to do? Haha...funny...a LOT!

Mark started sheetrocking some of the master bedroom ceiling, and once all the ceiling patching is done, he will start on the walls.  I think he has a bit more plumbing to do in the master bath, too.

I still haven't found kitchen cabinets. When we get back from Arizona, that will be my mission. This is kind of what I'm going for:


(source: www.kraftmaid.com)
I'm liking the sleek, not too traditional Shaker/Mission style cabinets in medium brown to chocolate brown. I'd like to go for a lighter granite (we're doing granite slabs), backsplash and flooring. It all depends on what is available near us and our budget!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? We'd love to hear them!